Museum & Farm History
Parr family move to Fleetwood Farm; initially farming pigs, poultry and dairy cattle.
A bad year for the Parr family farming in Fleetwood. 1954 saw a serious hay fire and a flood as sea defences failed.
Parr family move farms; switching from Fleetwood Farm to Wyrefield Farm
Parr family asked to turn ‘ash land’ by Fleetwood Power Station into productive farm land.
Fleetwood farm, its buildings and adjoining fields taken for building Rossall Estate.
Land taken for new transport link to Fleetwood: Amounderness Way. Wyrefield Farm was split into two; resulting in insufficient land to support all the cattle in one unit. The Parr family started to milk two units of cattle.
Amounderness Way opens.
James and George Parr develop a retail and wholesale dairy business. Using all the milk produced by the herd and using milk bought from other farms to be processed into a wide range of dairy products that get sold across the Fylde.
United Utilities compulsory purchase nearly all farm land at the old power plant.
With a reduction in available land, no prospect of growth and the increased cost of milking two units, Parr had to consider diversification.
Farmer Parrs Animal World opens as a ‘Rare Breed Farm’.
The Fylde Preservation Society relocates museum to Farmer Parrs Animal World
Autism Initiative opened a Pottery studio for their students at Farmer Parrs Animal World.
Barbara Jackson’s Dance School relocates to Farmer Parrs Animal World